Monday, January 23, 2012

Easy 100 Sneak Level

Perhaps the easiest skill to level is sneak. Sneak is leveled by actively sneaking near a NPC without being noticed. There are many different places throughout Skyrim that allows for easy sneaking. Common places are in the dark corners of rooms or in open town squares behind objects at night. Sneaking is easy, because it is a skill that you can set, go doing something else and come back to a much higher sneak level. I raised my sneak skill from level 25 to 100 in about 3 hours by doing the following:

  • At the beginning of the game, after escaping Helgen, I followed the path towards Riverwood. When you are nearing the river, you will come across a set of three Standing Stones. You can chose one stone to activate and it will grant you some reward. Choose the Thief Stone, which grants the player the ability to learn Stealth skills 20% faster.
  • Instead of heading down the path to Riverwood, head West along the river bank and you will find a Hunting Camp. This is not marked on the map as a location, but it is there. I used a sneak bow attack to kill the hunter outside his camp. By doing this, I activated some bandits from across the river on the other side of the bank. They appeared as red dots on my radar. 
  • I realized that the bandits were not aware of my prescence on the other side of the river. Therefore, I activated sneak.
  • My sneak skill immediately began to rise, so I just set my controller down and proceeded to surf the web. I checked in about 10 minutes and found that my sneak skill was already at level 40. I continued to surf the web, ate lunch, vacuumed, paid bills, etc.
  • About four hours later, my sneak skill was at level 100.
  • DISCLAIMER: By doing this, I caused my level to increase disproportionate to my other skills.  Meaning, my level was much higher than any of my combat, magic, or armor skills. I had to level up the other skills in order to match my level to become more proficient at combat, in order to successfully defeat some enemies or complete certain quests. Also, I was able to use the perks I gained from leveling up on sneak related perks, but not on many other skill perks. This really focuses your game play style towards the thieves guild or thievery in general. 
  • You can perform this type of skill increase in many places. It works best to find relatively stationary enemies that are just on the edge of your radar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment